Do you ever feel like loving your body is an uphill battle? It's difficult when you are surrounded with Victoria's Secret models at the mall, endless fitspo on Instagram and that damn fit friend that can eat whatever she wants.
Here are 20 quotes to inspire you to love your body and gain confidence in who you are.
1. "Real women are fat, and thin, and both, and neither, and otherwise" - Hannah Blank
2. "I am a hot, smart woman with an ass that doesn't quit" - Mindy Kaling
3. “When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier.” - Diane Von Furstenburg
5. “When you're different, sometimes you don't see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn't.” - Jodie Picoult
6. "Less inner thigh does not equal more inner peace." - Anastasia Amour
7. "Loving yourself isn't vanity. It's sanity!" - Katrina Mayer
8. "Your best weight is whatever weight you reach when you're living the healthiest life you actually enjoy" - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff
9. “I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.” - Rita Mae Brown
10. "The scale only measures your relation to the gravitational pull of the earth" - Jenna Free
11. "Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle" - Katie Willcox
12, "Don't miss out on 95% of your life to weight 5% less" - Unknown
13. "What are you going to do? Be hungry every single day to make people happy? That's just dumb." - Jennifer Lawrence
14. "Just remember: Someone loves everything you hate about yourself" - Kushandwizdom
15. "My body is not the most important part of my existence" - Laura Jensen
16. "It's not my job to modify myself to be likable, but to be all that I care to be and to connect with people who resonate with that." - Paulo Coehlo
17. " Mirror, mirror on the wall. I do not hear your siren call. I care not what you think of me. I am much more than you can see." - Oueenisms
18. "The human body is the best work of art." - Jess C. Scott
19. “Even the models we see in magazines wish they could look like their own images.” - Cheri K. Erdman
20. “By choosing healthy over skinny you are choosing self-love over self-judgment. You are beautiful!” - Steve Maraboli
Loving yourself is hard but it is so worth it. Self love is the best motivator to live a healthy life. If you have been searching to lose weight or been trying diet after diet with no success it is probably because you've been working from a place of self hate. If hating yourself was a good weight loss motivator there would be many more thin people in this world.
Love that body of yours and you'll do great